Salvation starts with Hebrews 5:8-9 “Although [Jesus] was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. (9) And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him.”
In this verse we can see that Jesus is the source of our salvation and it is through obedience to Him that we are saved.
What we teach about salvation is summed up in the following statements with supporting scriptures:
- Salvation comes from accepting the Bible as God's authoritative word. (Romans 10:11-17; James 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Salvation comes from believing that Jesus is the Son of God and having faith in God to save us by grace. (Romans 10:11-17; Ephesians 2:8)
- Salvation comes from continually confessing your sins and your faith in Jesus Christ whenever you can. (Romans 10:10; 1 John 1:9)
- Salvation comes from repenting of your sins and resisting the life of sin you once lived. (Acts 3:19; Acts 17:30)
- Salvation comes from being baptized for the forgiveness of sins, receiving God's gift of the Holy Spirit, and the promise of resurrection. (Acts 2:38; 1 Peter 3:21)
- Salvation comes from living in newness of life in obedience to God's commands in the Bible. (Romans 6:1-4; Hebrews 5:8-9)
If you are not a Christian, or even if you consider yourself to be a Christians though you have not done all of these things, we would love to talk with you in more detail and will always welcome you with open arms!